[H-GEN] Systemd killing processes after logout

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:11:22 EDT 2016

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 20:19:39 +1000 Tomas Marko Miljenović
<TomasM at tomasm.tk> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 05:58:13 PM David Seikel wrote:
> > On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:48:06 +1000 Russell Stuart
> > <russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > But, but ... it's my nappy and I've just found someone else's poo
> > > in it.  (That change has already made it's way to my laptop.)
> > >
> > > And while it's true it won't get into Jessie, it's not Jessie I'm
> > > worried about.  I'll be keeping a close eye on what's going on
> > > "down there" for some time.  It's a job best done with the nappy
> > > off.
> >
> > Why am I suddenly glad I don't go to meetings any more?  lol
>
> Dave, how can you say that?
>
> I haven't been able to make it to a HUMBUG meeting for a while
> myself. All the quality technical commentary, I suppose I can get
> that elsewhere. But this - the nappy references and the poo analogies
> - is exactly what I miss.

Nappies I don't mind so much, but the whole getting other people's poo
into this poor Jessie person*, that isn't right, unless Jessie
actually enjoys that sort of thing.  As for Russell without his nappy
on, that's something I really don't want to see.

> 1. systemd maintainers were hit with bug reports. Services are
> lingering on.
> 2. Maintainers blame the way certain distros configured
> dbus-daemon[2].
> 3. Guess what? These distros configured DBUS contrary
> to upstream defaults.

Ah dbus, something that I do have some experience with.  I find it
tends to A) fall over and B) stay fallen over.  Mind you, that might
just be due to your points 2 and 3.

* Yes, I know, "Jessie" is a Debian version, I still don't think
getting other people's poo in it sounds like a good idea.