[H-GEN] Room booking for regular meeting on 2016-02-13 is now on the web site

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Feb 12 03:05:01 EST 2016

On Thu, 2016-02-11 at 23:05 +1000, Gary Curtis wrote:
> ...another question...
>
> Is the Humbug web site down...?

It probably was.

Recently our VM provider (crissic.net) has been over committing the
machines Excalibur's VM (ie, the thing that drives humbug.org.au) runs
on.  This has resulted in backups failing, the web site being slow or
downright dead and on one occasion the VM being killed - probably by a
crissic sysadmin in order to get the load under control.

While disappointing I was wondering how they could provide a reliable
service for $15/yr.  I think this demonstrates they can't.

The only answer is to move to a different provider.  It will be more
expensive, so if has to go through the exec.