[H-GEN] suggestion for dual USB HD tuner

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at lusan.id.au
Sun Nov 15 02:17:36 EST 2015

On Sun, 2015-11-15 at 14:07 +1000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Thanks Nikolai,
> I have just been looking at the Leadtek Winfast DTV Dongle Gold
> Dual  -
> I guess that's the same as your suggestion?

You might want to look at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Leadtek_WinFast_DTV_Dongle

(or the linuxtv wiki in general) - There is more than one device called
"Winfast DTV Dongle" by Leadtek. I find that when buying these devices
(and I have bought ones that lacked support by mistake) you really need
to look at that wiki, and then do so further reading on some of the
devices that either have multiple possible matches or possibly non-
standard driver support. You might get caught out and find you can't
use a device you buy, or that the kernel driver support isn't even
going to be outside experimental for a long time. Especially be careful
when buying on ebay, you need to look at all the information on the
device, and even compare images to those listed on
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_Devices

Personally I wouldn't buy a "Gold" variant of these cards, I know that
there are issues with one of the chipsets involved.
--
Nikolai Lusan <nikolai at lusan.id.au>