[H-GEN] CFP reminder: Open Source Developers' Conference - Hobart 27-29 Oct 2015

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Fri Jul 3 00:15:42 EDT 2015

(forwarded by Arjen on Tim's behalf)

Note that the Open Source Developers' Conference 2015 Call for Proposals
is still open, just for a few more days!

This year OSDC is coming to Hobart for the first time, and will be held
from October 27-29, at the Wrest Point Convention Centre.

The deadline for proposal submission is July 5, 2015.  All you need to
provide at this stage is a brief description and abstract, so there's
still plenty of time before OSDC to prep your talk.

Speakers attend the conference for free; travel and accommodation is
still your own gig, although we may be able to make arrangements in
some special cases.

We welcome first-time speakers; this is a fun conference with a great
community.  We'd love to hear what you have to say about open source,
whether it's software, hardware, data, education or government.

Please sign up at https://2015.osdc.com.au/, create a speaker profile
and propose a presentation.  You can submit as many proposals as you
wish, and come back to edit them later, so why not get started today?

== Focus ==

The focus for OSDC 2015 is Opening Up For A Better World. Open source
software, hardware and standards facilitate higher quality technology,
better security and faster innovation; open data allows us to better
discover and understand the world we live in; open government aims to
ensure that citizens can participate in their democracy; open access
publishing exists to spread knowledge and allow that knowledge to be
built upon. Open by design is the best default.

== Topics ==

While we're looking for presentations related to creation or use of open
source, naturally, there are many aspects that you could address:

* Cultivating an open source community
* Showcasing a successful, or unsuccessful open source implementation
* Open source in the physical world
* Open source in education
* Open source in the business world
* Closed source in an open source world
* Open Standards and Open Data
* Open Government

These, and many more topics that are relevant to today's open source
developers are desirable to help provide a diverse range of subjects at
this years conference.

Register now at https://2015.osdc.com.au/ - we'd love to hear from you!
Please also feel free to forward this CFP to anyone else you feel may
be interested.

Cheers,

Tim Serong
(on behalf of the OSDC 2015 team)