[H-GEN] Text of motions for constitutional changes I will be putting at the AGM

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Aug 16 22:41:32 EDT 2015

I will be moving a motion at change Humbug's membership payment fees.
These are written into the constitution.  In accordance with clause 10.d
of our constitution, I must provide text of the proposed change at least
prior to the meeting.  The text appears below.

The reason for the change is we now have a payment gateway.  Although
the gateway nominally accepts PayPal, Bank Transfers and Cash, in
reality PayPal is easiest to handle administratively, and we simply
aren't set up to handle cash.  (Paypal no longer insists have an account
with them to make a payment - or to put it another way they can now
function as a standard payment gateway.)

Currently I'm handling cash payments by putting the money into my wallet
and doing a bank transfer from my account.  This is cumbersome and error
prone, and accordingly I have asked people not to pay cash.  Nonetheless
they continue to do so.  Perhaps that's because it cheaper.

The change is as follows:

- 6.a The membership fee is $25.00 for one year or part thereof, and
falls due the 31st day of August or the next AGM whichever is the
latest. The fee is discounted to $20 if payment is made with cash. The
Executive may publish a schedule of additional payment types that
attract the same discount.

+ 6.a The membership fee is $30.00 for one year or part thereof, and
falls due the 31st day of August or the next AGM whichever is the
latest. The fee is discounted to $25 if payment is made with PayPal. The
Executive may publish a schedule of additional payment types that
attract the same discount.

Interestingly, despite the payments page having only been up for a few
weeks and its URL making its first appearance on a public web site this
Saturday, it is the first hit returned by googling "Humbug Payments".