[H-GEN] Dell Laptop Power Supply

Daniel Devine devine at ddevnet.net
Thu May 29 04:14:58 EDT 2014

Greetings,

I know there are a few Dell Laptop owners at HUMBUG. My non-official replacement power adaptor has broken and is delivering less power than is needed to run the CPU at more than 50%, which is a nightmare for my uni work because surfing documents and compiling is maddeningly slow and erratic. I was able to test with a random Dell adaptor and the problem went away - and when the battery randomly decides to charge the laptop runs full speed when I disconnect the power and run from battery.

I have a Dell latitude E4300 - though I think compatibility is pretty good across most Dell adaptors.

Does anybody have an adaptor I can borrow for a few weeks?