[H-GEN] xubuntu/xfce4 font problem

Peter Robinson pjr at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 16 19:53:17 EDT 2014

Hi All,
In my settings/appearance/fonts I have the font set to DejaVu Sans Book 9.
When I log on the font size is actually set to 10 (or perhaps bigger). I
go to settings/appearance/fonts and it's 9 as expected and I set it to 8
and then back to 9 and everything is OK for that session. So the system
seems to be ignoring my setting on startup.
I created another user and set the font the same way but that user
account doesn't have the problem.
So it appears to be something about my user account but looking through
the various config files I can't see where it's going wrong.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Peter