[H-GEN] New Coalition policy: internet and smartphone filters

Benjamin Fowler ben.fowler.bjf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 07:30:37 EDT 2013

On 5 September 2013 12:24, James Mills <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM, Russell Stuart <
> russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:
>
>> Nice how it came after the media blackout.  But there is no internet
>>  blackout.  This thread on the subject started about at about 5 PM:
>>
>>   http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2151781
>>
>> So far 800 posts in 3 hours.  It was noticed:
>>
>>   http://www.abc.net.au/news/4939156
>>

> Just wanted to chime in and say this is an outrage!
> My local members are going to hear about this!
>
> You can guess who I'm not voting for this weekend!
>
> cheers
> James

It'd be fair to say that the conservatives pounded the final nail in the
coffin of their "techie" vote, after fraudband.

However, is the techie vote big and influential enough to sway the
election? I think not, since this kind of policy is obviously pitched at --
how should I put it -- "low information voters"?