[H-GEN] Tying Shoelaces

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sat Mar 2 19:28:55 EST 2013

Last night at Humbug we learned a the right way to tie a standard
shoelace knot.  Turns out there is a web site devoted to shoelace knots.
I found the existence of person who has evidently devoted devoted his
life (and web site) to shoelaces, although maybe obvious in hindsight.

Not so obvious is the way demonstrated in that video isn't the best way
to create the standard knot.  He has invented a genuinely faster way:

  http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ianknot.htm

If you have trouble with your show laces coming undone even after tying
the standard knot correctly, try the Double Bow knot.  Not only is it
more secure, it looks better too:

  http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/betterbowknot.htm