[H-GEN] free open source alternative to microsoft sharepoint?

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:13:27 EDT 2013

Top posting seems to be the thing for this thread, so I'll break with
my habits and follow suit.

I've never used sharepoint, so I have no idea what that is, or what
counts as an alternative.

Wiki and CMS are both parts of the same spectrum.  Any decent CMS can
do anything a wiki can, including collaborative editing.  Since the
original poster mentioned "manage documents", that's precisely what CMS
(Content Management System) is for.  Though a wiki might work if the
management requirements are not too hefty.  The following links might
be useful -

http://cms-comparison.com/

http://www.cms.co.uk/cms-comparison.html

http://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/popular-content-management-system-cms-comparison-table