[H-GEN] command to convert a video file to mp4 format

David Harrison davidharrison at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 03:10:57 EDT 2013

> Can I also point the "source" of handbrake at a plain old video file?

Yep! I didn't actually know it was even a DVD ripping tool until recently;
I've used it exclusively for converting existing videos to mp4.

I don't know much about ripping DVDs so can't address your other problem,
other than to say if you're trying to rip encrypted DVDs I'm pretty sure it
doesn't work - although I'd expect it to fail more gracefully than the way
you described.

--
dave