[H-GEN] [Linux-aus] LUV considering joining LA

Snowy Angelique Maslov snowy at snowy.org
Sun Aug 25 21:58:03 EDT 2013

On 26/08/2013 10:46 AM, Nick Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Clinton Roy wrote on 24/08/2013 10:56:00 PM:
>
> > On 24 August 2013 20:15, Nick Kwiatkowski <nickolas at au1.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > Sorry for the top posting (silly iOS device), but my issue is that
> Humbug
> > was formed for all unix systems. So just not Linux. I assume that LA
> would
> > frown upon, BSD, Solaris or even AIX ;)
> >

> > Despite the name, LA is an Open Source group, rather than a Linux,
> > or even a Unix group.
>
> I get that, the point that I was making was that when Humbug was
> formed, it was on the basis on Unix = Open Source + Commercial. I know
> that Open Source dominates our group, which I'm more that just good
> about. Just if we do move, just need to be aware of what we lose and
> what we gain.
>
> > If it aint broke, don't fix it.
> >

> Yup, I agree with that. Since I'm not "active" and not living in
> Brisbane at the moment, I will support what ever the majority decide.
> However I do respect those on the exec that put in a lot of personal
> effort into running Humbug, and anything that can make their life
> easier has value.
>
> Regards
>
> *Nickolas Kwiatkowski* 	 8 Brisbane Avenue
> Architecture Practice Manager 	 Barton, ACT, 2600
> Certified IT Architect 	 Australia
> Global Business Services
> Mobile: 	+61-412-121-276
> e-mail: 	nickolas at au1.ibm.com

Although atm I am mostly on the sidelines and not active due to health
issues I would note that much like Nickolas above I joined HUMBUG
because it was about Unix and not specifically just Open Source (and
Linux).    Certainly the capability to discuss work related topics,
ideas and solutions would be dramatically reduced if we ended up
restricted to open-source implementations and tools.

--
Snowy Angelique Maslov<snowy at snowy.org>