[H-GEN] linux media player?

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 17 02:38:10 EDT 2012

>________________________________

i've used netbooks (eeepc 701SD and 901) connected to a 15 inch LCD TV running xbmc
I have also tried running Mythtv on a eeepc B202 (nettop) with two usb DTV turners, but I had a few issues and I lost it in the qld flood of 2011
this year i've been using sickbeard to get my shows

what i have learned is you need two systems, a server to store/record and client connected to the tv

tom

>>> Hi All,

 Instead of buying some sort of tv recorder I would like to buy some
sort of "PC" connected to my TV that I could use to record TV shows (I
used to have a dual HD tuner card in my old PC and used mythtv). Ideally
 some sort of lowish powered device that doesn't need a fan would be
good. Since I have an ethernet cable next to my TV I would also use it
to surf, watch iView etc.