[H-GEN] Linux Block Level Backups

Hilton Travis Hilton at QuarkAV.com
Fri Oct 12 19:19:43 EDT 2012

G'day Guys and Gals,

I'm looking at a way to get similar functionality to that available with
Windows-based products such as ShadowProtect that will allow me to run a
block-level image-based backup with a single base image and
"incrementals forever", resulting in an easy way to handle offside
backup replication with significant historical points of recovery.
ShadowProtect can take snapshots at up to 15 minutely incrementals and
replicate these offsite (as well as to local storage).

DRBD seems to be able to handle replication (and therefore DR), but
isn't a backup/archival system - or at least not to my reading thus far.

Does anyone know of any other Linux product that would work in a similar
way to ShadowProtect with timely "continual" backups?

- Hilton Travis