[H-GEN] In a bind over BIND

Rick Phillips rick at greyheads.net
Tue Nov 6 15:03:46 EST 2012

> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Rick Phillips <rick at greyheads.net>
> wrote:
>
>                 listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; };
>                 listen-on-v6 port 53 { ::1; };
>
> Those two lines suggest that it will only respond to localhost (v4 or
> v6), so your dig should be @localhost to work. The telnet you tried
> seems to confirm that.

Thanks guys.  Webmin put that there and I guess I assumed it was
supposed to be there.  I get a result now but minimal as the dig
complains that recursion is not allowed and does so even when I set it
to yes.  Where should "recursion no;" go - external views or options?

My other servers have it in either place but even when set to "no" (as
it is on all of them) will at least respond with some information.

Thanks again,

Rick