[H-GEN] Puppet, FreeBSD deployment

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Thu Feb 16 04:12:59 EST 2012

Hi everyone,
I'm not sure I've posted here before, so hi there. I'm a FreeBSD
sysadmin with nearly a year's experience :P GNU/Linux et al before
that.

I'm taking action on a long-dormant desire to learn and use Puppet,
and my current employer is going to get the benefit (:

Once I've got some basic file management happening, I'd like to look
into deploying entire machines with it. I've found this:
http://puppetlabs.com/blog/your-os-installer-and-you/

It mentions Kickstart and Preseed, and the next question that jumps
into my head: What's the FreeBSD equivalent? Google isn't particularly
helping me, so perhaps you fine folks can give me some direction.

TIA,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange