[H-GEN] android media centre?

Lachlan lachlan.00 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 01:44:16 EST 2012

You can't stream to your TV using minidlna/plex/something from the myth
box? That would save on the copy paste you're doing.

If you wanted an android device I'd just get anything with hdmi out (or
wait for the ouya in march) and install xbmc on it. You can get
bluetooth/wireless keyboard & mouse or use a phone as the controller.

Personally, I used to use a laptop to stream from server to tv but i found
that my tv was actually better at streaming than the dedicated pc.

I don't use things like iview so i have no idea how it would fit into this
though.

In the end if you really want a decent htpc for browsing as well as
streaming i would still set up a upnp server on your myth box.

Then build a box, install whatever linux distro you want with the
proprietary drivers for better video playback; with samba/nfs shares from
your myth box as a backup when streaming doesn't work. Then just use
whatever upnp/dlna client you feel like.

I just use totem with the grilo plugins to connect to my streaming server
when using my laptop.