[H-GEN] getting stored gmail into a real mail client

mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Mon Apr 9 02:06:20 EDT 2012

My father passed away last week and among the many tasks needing attention is to recover about 6,000 emails stored on his gmail account so I can sort them in to mails for mum, anything relating to his estate, those relating to his genealogical research etc.

I have never bothered with gmail myself until now but immediately found it unsuited to managing several years of mail in other than one at a time.

Is there a way to download them to a real mail client?

mick