[H-GEN] Smaller Android mobile phones

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Tue Oct 11 05:07:23 EDT 2011

On 11 October 2011 17:01, Thorne, Stephen <stephen at thorne.id.au> wrote:
> My android phone (Nexus S) has variable battery life depending on what
> I'm using it for. By far the most battery consuming thing is
> navigation. If I'm doing touristy things I generally make sure it's
> fully charged before I leave, exit maps completely when I don't need
> it, and I might get 6-8 hours out of it. In normal usage (email,
> gtalk, google+, twitter) it's at 50% battery when I plug it in at
> night after using it all day.

I have a similar experience with an HTC Desire - probably lower usage
and commensurate longer life. On the rare occasion I switch on the GPS
it drains battery quickly. There's a handy app (Green Power) which
flips the wifi & mobile data on and off at intervals (default: on 1
minute in 15, always on if there's data traffic), giving you the
feeling of always-on connectivity and much lower battery drain.

> My mobile phone is my alarm clock so it gets plugged in next to my bed
> every night.

Same, but I only bother to plug it in if the battery bar is yellow or
I know I'll need to use it a lot the next day (caught out once so
far). Of late I often go two nights without plugging it in.

HTH,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange