[H-GEN] Wireless broadband issues.

Stephen Thorne stephen at thorne.id.au
Tue Mar 22 20:22:29 EDT 2011

On 2011-03-23, Noel Butler wrote:
> I fail to see whats so hard about it, all you need is the APN, that's
> all I've ever used in Slackware with pppd, and with network manager in
> Fedora, or Ubuntu. If your flavour of Linux doesn't find the device and
> work out of the box, time to get modern.

In my experience, with modern linux and Network Manager is that the most
arduous task with setting up wireless internet with a usb device is
locating the mouse cursor on your screen, locating the Network Manager
icon, left clicking on the icon, and selecting the correct wireless
internet option from the menu.

That's provided you have a recent linux. Some older NMs and kernels may
have trouble convincing the dongle not to be a cdrom drive, but that's
mostly been sorted out now.

If you have a specific model number of the hardware, I can check that
it's supported for you.

--
Regards,
Stephen Thorne