[H-GEN] Fw: Vice President's report

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Jun 24 07:51:57 EDT 2011

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Simon Cole wrote:

> side is that it can be awkward for newcomers to find a place... however,
> now that Linux/Ubuntu, etc are becoming easier for novices like me to
> use there should be ever more potential/need for Humbug to provide a
> space both cyber and physical for shared learning. I encourage you to
> persist, as I see a bigger, brighter future for Humbug or some
> incarnation of it.

The great irony here (as has been noted before) is that humbug has
decling membership when it's core area (home and OSS Unix) is more popular
than ever.  Membership in the late 90s was something like 120 when hardly
anyone outside of hard-core-geekdom had even heard of Linux and friends.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert at timetraveller.org		Linux counter ID #16440