[H-GEN] Vice President's report

Benjamin Fowler ben.fowler.bjf at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:53:39 EDT 2011

Hi all,

On 23 Jun 2011, at 22:47, Nick Lawrence wrote:

> One way to simplify membership could be mulit-year membership. Is it possible to pay for five years of membership ahead of time in one go?

That WOULD be sensible, wouldn't it....

But then I suppose you'd risk blowing your dough if HUMBUG keeps haemorrhaging members (which I hope doesn't happen).  Still doesn't help people like me who are stuck abroad... I'd come to HUMBUG and pay in person, but it's a 20000 mile round trip :-)

Why do we need to raise money anyway, if we're not incorporated, don't have a library any more, and people bring their kit for the most part, anyway? Do we HAVE to have dedicated hosting infrastructure? Can ways be found to operate the club purely with in-kind donations and free online services? That way, it isn't a show stopper if we have a few lean years.

Ben.