[H-GEN] Bigpond and the Sourceforge mirror on AARNET

Clarissa Womack clarissa.womack at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:18:47 EDT 2011

Jared

It is not working.

Please see http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php?do=newreply
<http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=10804367>
&noquote=1&p=10804367 for a screenshot

Thanks

Clarissa

From: Jared Norris [mailto:jrnorris at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 3 June 2011 10:22 PM
To: Clarissa Womack
Cc: general at lists.humbug.org.au
Subject: Re: [H-GEN] Bigpond and the Sourceforge mirror on AARNET

On 3 June 2011 22:13, Clarissa Womack <clarissa.womack at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone

I  have been downloading programs/utilities from the Sourceforge mirror on
AARNET because I thought that there would be no download quota as Bigpond
supports unmetered content from the AARNET mirror.

Last download period, a couple of weeks ago, I went over my family download
quota as I was installing and trying linux distros in Vmware but I didn't
realise about the Sourceforge connection. I am now at 84% percent as I
downloaded UberStudent  and a few other programs from Sourceforge but I made
sure it was the AARNET mirror.

I contacted Bigpond last week but still no reply from them despite them
saying they would contact me in 1-2 days time!!!

Please note that Bigpond Files does not exist anymore.

I contacted the AARNET mirror about 3 weeks ago about hosting 10.04 LTS
support for PPC and now Ubuntu-ports in now on their server!!! This means
that PPC updates and isos can be downloaded from AARNET.

However, I cannot seem to add AARNET as the server for PPC Ubuntu either
automatically or manually. Can anyone offer assistance?

However, Debian isos have been removed from AARNET some time ago due to lack
of downloads. I guess I will download Debian at HUMBUG.

Thanking you

Clarissa Womack

Clarissa,

There is a wiki page that might help at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/LocalAptMirrors It not only has
information on how to change your repository details but it also has a long
list of other local repositories that might be useful to others as some
other ISPs also have unmetered mirrors and some just have mirrors that are
metered but might be quicker. Let me know if you still aren't having any
luck.

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris