[H-GEN] Vice President's report.

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Jul 22 19:30:05 EDT 2011

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011, David Seikel wrote:

> I suspect that's because web forums are way more popular now.  That's
> where the flame wars are these days.  For many people, if it's not on
> the web, it does not exist "What's a mailing list?".

We were just talking about this on #humbug.  I've felt for a long time
that the reason that IRC and Usenet have a lot less of those issues than
they used to is because the trolls largely moved on to web forums.

It does seem reasonable that this applies to lists too.

Not a bad result all told.

Cheers,

Rob

--