[H-GEN] Help request: Getting X to work on the old NetBoxes (VIA EPIA boards)

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Tue Jul 12 01:43:18 EDT 2011

Hi all

Sandra Milne and I have been independently struggling with getting X to work on these old boxes.
Been trying with various flavours of Ubuntu installs (alt-install, Lubuntu).
I'm not an X magician though, it's quite likely using some proper startup options and creating a manual X config will do the trick. Anyone able/willing to help with this please?

The handful of boxes I have are intended to be kiddie computers, and Sandra has similar plans.

I believe this is the mainboard:
  http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/ProductDetail.jsp?id=399

If anyone is able to provide email info that'll get this sorted, that'd be great.
Otherwise, I'm in St Lucia (near the other end of Hawken Dr away from the uni) and generally work from home so visit=easy. It'd be much appreciated!
thanks

Cheers,
Arjen.