[H-GEN] membership drive uq 2011

James C. McPherson james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 07:16:42 EST 2011

On 24/02/11 03:57 PM, Clinton Roy wrote:
> On 24 February 2011 14:29, Peter Robinson<pjr at itee.uq.edu.au>  wrote:
>
>> Anyone got a slide about Humbug I can flash up?
>
> The important bits of the slides that I was using:
..
> And the less important:

Actually, I think these points are just as if not more
important than the earlier ones:

> * Audience
> ** Sysadmins
> ** Software Engineers
> ** Network Engineers
> ** End users

"How do I know this is for me? Where do I find like-minded
people?"

> * Communications
> ** Mailing list
> ** IRC

 From what I've seen, more activity happens on IRC than on
the mailing lists.

> * Conferences
> ** linux.conf.au (2002, 2011)
> ** Open Source Developers Conference
> ** Kernel Conf Au

Sigh. Much as I'd love to be able to spruik another KCA,
I don't think I'll get the chance in a hurry. Though if you
could help me put together a lazy $50k I'm sure we could
get started :-)

James
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
               http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog