[H-GEN] LCA2011 over: back to HUMBUG

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:16:39 EST 2011

On 18 February 2011 18:47, Clinton Roy <clinton.roy at gmail.com> wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>
> On 18 February 2011 15:32, Russell Stuart <russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:
>
>> I am now looking for volunteers to turn up the required times.
>
> I should be able to make both days with no problems.
>

>>Bodies will be required to:
>>
>>  - Hand out schwag,
>
> Am hunting down some ubuntu cd schwag that wasn't used at the open day.
>
>>  - Answer questions,
>
> easy.
>
>>  - Give the talk.
>
> Am happy to help with the talk.
>
> --
> Clinton Roy
> linux.conf.au organiser
> http://lca2011.linux.org.au

G'day all,

I'm new to the Humbug sphere but please be kind, I come bearing gifts!

A little introduction, my name is Jared, my IRC nick is head_victim
and I'm involved with the Ubuntu-AU team. I'm a Brisbane local that
has meant to make it to a Humbug meeting for probably 3 years or so
but being a shift worker puts a bit of a dint in your social life. If
you want more you can find it in the link in my signature below or
drop me a line on IRC or email but I don't want to bore you with too
much detail.

Now to the gifts, as Clinton mentioned we do have some CDs left over
from the open day and they do have a natural expiry date on them
because when the new release is out in April no one is going to want
to old version. I have probably 100 - 150 Ubuntu 10.10 32 bit Desktop
CDs that are proper pressed copies, as handed out on the LCA Open Day
that I don't really mind where they go as long as they aren't going to
sit around and do nothing. I also have a large number of the Ubuntu-AU
team business cards that were also handed out on the open day if these
would be of any use at all (slipped inside the disks?) but I wanted to
check first as I don't want to crash the Humbug party.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make any of the dates next week
but I would be able to drop off the CDs to someone/somewhere over the
weekend if they would be useful for you for next week or if someone
wants to pick them up I live 5 minutes south side of the CBD.

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris