[H-GEN] LCA2011 over: back to HUMBUG

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Wed Feb 2 02:08:00 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 15:13 +1000, Daniel Devine wrote:
>  I was just thinking about what a relief it is to have LCA off our
>  shoulders.

Its not quite over yet.  I still have images of video run sheets
haunting me.  Other teams have managed to string this and some other
admin tasks out for an entire year.  We won't be doing that if I have
any say in it.

>   * PLI. I think Russell has done a lot of digging into this, but I am
>  not sure if a solid answer was found.

What is PLI?

>   * Attracting new blood. Last night I came up with an idea of how to do
>  this. I will probably discuss this at the next meeting.

Marco, being the enterprising man he is, has snaffled some schwag for
us.  He suggested we give it away at an O'Week stall, which is on
Wednesday the 23'rd of Feb.  Seems like a dammed good idea to me.

The only problem is we have tried to get permission to have a stall at
O'Week in the past.  We have never succeeded (as in got permission) as
far as I am aware.

>   * Membership Database. I would love to help finish this off... Can we
>  get this in a more accessible repo?

Probably, but it doesn't need anyone special to do it.  Putting a repo
up on launchpad is probably the go since most of us are familiar with it
after LCA, and anybody can do that.