[H-GEN] Happy (40 th) Birthday unix.

Nick Kwiatkowski nickolas at au1.ibm.com
Sun Dec 4 20:52:22 EST 2011

Simon wrote on 05/12/2011 12:33:41 AM:

> Hello everyone.
>
> It's the 40 th Birthday of the unix Operating System, the OS that
> started a revolution on several levels, and it's great to know that
> Australians were there at the start and are there now with these great
> articles.

I agree, a form of UNIX runs on mainframes to smarthphones ... so it has
proven it's longevity and impact to society. The other point is that
missing from the list was Wollongong University, where the first
successful port of UNIX from PDP series platform that it was originally
developed upon.

Cheers,

Nik

Nickolas Kwiatkowski