[H-GEN] Rackmount boxes at home

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Tue Sep 21 23:51:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Benjamin Fowler wrote:

> Does anybody bother with 19" racks and rackmount server cases at home?
> Is it worth the trouble trying to track down the required hardware to
> save space?

I ended up concluding that it wasn't worth it.  The additional trouble
acquiring special hardware isn't worth it for the space saving when space
isn't as a premium in my home.  The servers live in a corner of the
basement.

I've been running virtual servers at home for years and have used that to
reduce the number of physical boxes too.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert at timetraveller.org		Linux counter ID #16440