[H-GEN] Checking file ownership on installed debian packages.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 17:01:28 EDT 2010

I can't find anyway to check that file ownership is correct on
installed files of a debian type system.  Ubuntu 10.4 to be exact.
Would be good to check that the rest of the metadata is correct to.
Yep, I did a chown -R in the wrong place.

I recall from my RPM days there was a command to check all installed
packages, reporting any that had owner, group, or permissions that
where different from what the package said they should be.  It could
also report checksum differences.  Seems that in the debian world,
there is only debsums for reporting checksum differences, which does
not help with the metadata.

Anybody got a cluebat to hit me with?