[H-GEN] Cleanup of the HUMBUG DNS zone file

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Tue May 18 00:11:03 EDT 2010

On 2010-05-01, Greg Black wrote:
> Back in the days before the modern internet, Humbug used to
> provide DNS services of various kinds to members.  As a result,
> the zone file grew to be a giant unmanageable blob that none of
> the current sysadmin team understands.  The sysadmin team has
> therefore decided to remove all member-related entries from the
> zone file unless their owners reply to this email before the
> next Humbug meeting on 15 May explaining why they still need
> these entries.
>
> So, if you have any DNS entries in the HUMBUG zone file and if
> you really need them to continue, you need to tell us promptly.
> The best way to do that is to reply to this email (to me).

The threatened changes to the zone have now been implemented.
The three members who requested that entries be preserved should
find that has been done.  All others are gone.  If you should
have written to request preservation of some entry, you will now
need to enter a ticket in the request system at

    http://trac.humbug.org.au

The TTL for the zone has been left at 10 minutes and will stay
that way for another week to allow any corrections to be made
quickly.  After that, it will revert to 1 day.

Cheers, Greg