[H-GEN] Brisbane Wins LCA2011

Loquacity loquacities at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 01:56:54 EST 2010

On 23 January 2010 08:54,  <matheist76 at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>

> A big hi from Wellington and lca2010. Brisbane has got the 2011 Linux Conf. YES!!!
>
> Thanks should got to the Brisbane team. Shaun Nykvist, James Iseppi, Russell Stuart, Jared Ring, Mark Ellem, Matthew Franklin, Clinton Roy, Marco, Mark Suter and Daniel Devine. I would also like to thank the help that we have had outside of the group. People like Andy Fitzsimon for providing the artwork. Chris Neugebauer for a couple of lca 2009 photos that we used during the Presentation and the lca2010 organisers for not only helping with pay for our rushed printing jobs but also for putting on such a good conference.
>
> I think given the time constraints we have really performed well and that is due to the efforts of the people above. We were able to print out not only magnets and stickers but we also have lca2011 shirts and a couple of banners. Which we will happily show at Humbug. We really did only find out just three nights before Christmas. To say it has been a mad rush is an understatement.
>
> Due to the late nights that a  few of our team put in we were also able to last night present our new website. www.followtheflow.org .  On it you will find a competition where we ask for your suggestions. By putting your suggestions and good ideas forward you'll get the chance to win a Professional Registration to the conference. So please check it.
>
> Matt

Well done, everyone! Looking forward to 2011 in Bris-Vegas :)

Cheers! Lana

Writing gives you the illusion of control, and then you realise it's
just an illusion, that people are going to bring their own stuff into
it.
  - David Sedaris

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.