[H-GEN] lca2011 - Ways to contribute

clinton.roy at gmail.com clinton.roy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 09:15:05 EST 2010

Hey all,

Whilst there are only a few weeks to go before linux.conf.au 2011
begins, there's still time for everyone to contribute to the success
of the conference.

Most importantly: register yourself; and if booking accommodation at
Urbanest, please make sure to so by the end of the year. There's a lot
of content at linux.conf.au, with four keynotes, five tutorials,
fifteen miniconfs and over sixty presentations, the conference is very
good value for money.

Think about which of the fifteen available mini-conferences you'd like
to attend, be aware that the hardware based miniconfs occur extra
costs for materials. Also think about what BOFs you'd like to
participate in, the more we know about numbers the better we can
allocate rooms, store your preferences on the wiki.

The call for stands at the Open Day is open, if you've got an Open
Source based project that has wide public appeal, please consider
running a stand, the more interactive the better. This year we've
secured a lecture theatre next to the venue, so we're also looking for
presentations on open source themes that will have wide public appeal.
Mail openday at lca2011.linux.org.au with your stall and presentation proposals.

The call for Posters is also open, you can think of a poster as a
graphical lightning talk, the poster can be technical in nature,
describing the cogs and gears of your project, or it can be creative,
showcasing your skill in one of the Open Source graphical toolkits or
applications. Mail papers at lca2011.linux.org.au with your poster ideas.

We'll be running a photography competition again this year, time to
check those memory sticks and batteries.

Just prior to linux.conf.au DrupalDownunder is being held. During the
conference several social events are being organised, see the wiki for
details.

I look forward to seeing many of you at linux.conf.au 2011 in not
so hot Brisbane.

--