[H-GEN] replace XP partition with Ubuntu partition

Peter Robinson pjr at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Dec 14 20:10:26 EST 2010

Well I couldn't fix my XP problem - I now wonder if it was the upgrade
to 10.10 that caused the problem after all.
My current plan is to use gparted to format the XP partition as an ext3
partition.

Just wanted to know if there are any gotchas I should be looking out for
before I take the plunge.

E.G.
Do I need to make this partition (that was XP at the start of the disk)
bootable?
I presume I will have to reconfigure grub?
Can I use gparted to set up the mount point for me?

Peter