[H-GEN] Richard Stallman's presentation in Brisbane.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 23:35:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 06:30:43 +1000 Russell Stuart
<russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 02:51 +1000, David Seikel wrote:
> > Probably just as many systems out there with Linux kernels that
> > don't use GNU software.
>
> Can you name one?  As far as I am aware, the kernel can only be
> compiled with gcc.

Embedded systems tend to not include the tools used to build them, said
tools would be running on some other system.  There is no gcc in my
router.  I don't have actual figures, hence the use of the word
"probably", but would not surprise me to see as many embedded systems
and mobile phones running things like busybox and uClibc, as desktop and
laptops systems using GNU tools.