[H-GEN] Planet Humbug - time to retire or fix

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Tue Sep 8 01:48:42 EDT 2009

Russell stated:
> I suspect that problem will reduce considerably when the sysadmin
> list becomes open.

Russell the sysadmin list is currently private is it not. Then
changing the list to be open would be against the motion proposed
at the AGM. This is:

" Motion: that we remove all private email lists and make them public.
Proposed: Stephen Thorne
Seconded: Greg Black
Result: Failed, 11 against, 9 for"

Sorry but you can't and please don't blame me because all I was after
was a discussion on the topic at the AGM.

There is however a very simple way for people to make public what
issues they have with the server and yet keep the sysadmin list private.
That would be for them to CC general when they send a post to sysadmin.

Matthew Franklin.