[H-GEN] re the earlier discussion on assisting beginners/migrants

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:14:13 EDT 2009

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:59:50 +1000 Russell Stuart
<russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
> and     ] [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses
> will vanish. ]
>
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 11:56 +1000, Stephen Thorne wrote:
> > Perhaps having a backup server on site with a few terabytes of
> > storage could be used to make the installations safer too :)
>
> We had one - the "Distro Server".  Perhaps David might be interested
> in bringing it along again?

That was my first thought, but then I realised Stephen probably meant
for backing up systems before installing on them.  My server is well
out of date, but I have ADSL2+ now, so I can easily grab latest
versions of the most popular distros.  Since I'm still catching up, is
it too late?