[H-GEN] The lca movie.

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Fri Jun 19 01:13:15 EDT 2009

Hi,
Although I didn't see it this year there is some talk that the winning bid team creates a movie which they then present at the end of lca. I've come up with a rough concept which I think would not only work for the presentation but could also be used in a series of adverts on youtube for lca.

The idea would be to have two or more people discussing Brisbane's lca i.e.

Matt (Dressed up in jumpers, gloves etc steps onto stage rubbing his hands): "Ready for the next lca. So where is it this time. Cold Wellington, freezing Hobart? Where? "

Russell (Dressed with the lca t-shirt, hat. Summer cloths. Sitting down): " No Matt. It's in Brisbane next year. Get out of that. You'll need cool summer cloths, a hat and sunscreen for Brisbane"

Matt : "Oh. Okay." (Taking off gloves and getting out of the jumbers ) "Why not have it where it's nice and cool?"

Russell: "We'll I for one are sick in tired of the cold. Brisbane is nice and warm. As you know Matt. We have some of the best beaches in the world including the one at SouthBank. Which is just 5min walk away from the conference in the heart of Brisbane. The Gold Coast is accessible by public Transport as well as some of the best theme parks. Including Sea World and Wet'n'Wild.' It's a great place to soak up the rays and enjoy the great beaches"

Matt: "I hate the beach!"

Russell: "What!! You only live 100m from the Redcliffe Beach front. If you hate the sea then why live there? "

Matt: "Well I like the sea breezes but thats about it. So what else is there."

Russell: "Okay Matt. Not happy about the beaches. Well we'll have lots of great talks, really good net access and we'll also put on some fantastic dinners. Plus as you know there are some excellent resturants, pubs and clubs all within easy reach."

Matt: "So that will be on the same time next year? Which would be 17th to the 22nd of January.?"

Russell: "Yes that's right Matt. The main conference will be at QUT Garden's Point Campus right next door to QLD's Parliment House. Our main accomodation is just down the road on George St at the YMCA."

Matt: "Okay I guess I'll see you there."

This would be followed by a few more ads that we post to youtube as the time goes on. The ads will begin as soon as the website is up and running. The aims of these adds will be two fold. 1st to advertise the lca bid. The second to comunicate to any possible delegates what they need to know. One ad I've thought of has us arguing over the size of Brisbane. The two points. Brisbane is huge vs Brisbane has everything within easy walking or public transport distance. We could even include sponsorship logos at the end and use tools like google maps and wikipedia to get our points accross.

These ads would be a very cheap and easy way of advertising. 1 room, projector, camera, computer and a few people. It would also be a a teaching aid so that we can learn editing tools under linux and heck even get other members of Humbug involved with creating the ads.

Matt.