[H-GEN] A call to keyboards.

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Sun Jun 14 05:41:10 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
For those that don't know. The Humbug website is a wiki (moinmoin). What that mean is that once you have gone through the sign up you can then edit Humbug pages to your heart's content. The information on how to sign up is all up on your website at www.humbug.org.au.

Now onto the thing that I really wanted to ask. As I'm talk maintaineer. I would like to ask everyone to think about submitting a talk. I don't even need you to stand up and do it. This is because there are two parts. Preparation and the talk itself.

Since we are using a wiki you can go in and create a page where you can type in a talk plan (http://www.humbug.org.au/SandBox).
The plan might then become the basis for your talk or it might just turn into something that you can then link from our resource page. The idea is create a kinda talks resource. Now you may not feel the sandbox is the right place for your page. That's cool. Feel free to link your page to where you feel it's appropiate.

A lot of the new idea's, compriz, virtualization and inkscape I knew simply because someone did a talk on it at Humbug. I would like for this to continue. I would also like to encourage pages that deal with basic stuff like Bash, packages etc. If you have something new or something to add just do it.

Matthew Franklin (Talks Maintaineer)