[H-GEN] How to make OSDC 2009 Awesome

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Sun Jun 7 20:55:41 EDT 2009

Hi Mark

On 04/06/2009, at 11:58 PM, Mark Ellem wrote:
> HUMBUG would love to help (and possibly even sponsor) OSDC 2009,
> just like we did in 2007. This means things along the lines of
> lending out equipment, helping with volunteers, the running of the
> conference and maybe even a small financial contribution.
>
> Unfortunately, HUMBUG has not been formally approached by the OSDC
> 2009 organisers yet, as we were in 2007.
> I take this as maybe an oversight? That said, I would like to
> formally offer the OSDC 2009 organisers any help required.

Why would you wait until you're asked? You can decide whether you're
interested, and contact with offering of what you can help with or
just a "I'll do anything, what needs to be done?"

With the above, I'd think that apart from equipment and finances, any
commitment would be down to individual initiative? HUMBUG exec can
definitely encourage such commitment, the exec members can also
personally lead by example; I would encourage the HUMBUG exec to do so
re OSDC and I'm sure that'd be excellent experience for any future LCA
bid.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org