[H-GEN] People's experience at lca.

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun Jun 7 14:21:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Jacinta Richardson wrote:

[Great list of suggestions snipped]

> m) Back to food.  The 2008 conference dinner (at the market) was thebest
> conference dinner I've ever had - foodwise.  I know there was a large
> amount of "class" lost, but - as a vegetarian - it's often a challenge
> to get food that looks appealing yet alone tastes such.  The 2009
> conference dinner was the second best (buffets aren't bad), and the 2007
> conference dinner the absolute worst (sit down dinner with a quiche, how
> novel!)  The 2009 speakers dinner was pretty low on order too.  The
> event was great, the antipasto appetizers lovely, and the finishing
> cheese platters also good; but the "dinner" for vegetarians (luke-warm
> tofu cubes on a salad of lettuce and spring onion) was appalling.  Even
> though there aren't many of us, please

There might be more people interested in a vegatarian meals than you think
(and definitely more than most caterers realise).

I describe myself as a borderline vegetarian.  I view the ideal human diet
as low in meat.

I eat vegetarian at home and normally only eat meat when out.  Part of the
reason I do it this way is that I find it difficult to get good vegetarian
meals when out.  I've recently been encountering quite a lot of people who
have independently taken a similar position to mine.  I always look at the
vegetarian offerings when in a restaurant but don't often choose them.

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy