[H-GEN] Talk for December

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 4 00:36:31 EDT 2009

Thanks I'll do that.

Matt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Brockway" <robert at timetraveller.org>
To: matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Cc: "Robert Brockway" <robert at timetraveller.org>, "general" <general at lists.humbug.org.au>
Sent: Thursday, 4 June, 2009 2:23:41 PM GMT +10:00 Brisbane
Subject: Re: Talk for December

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:

> Robert,
>        That would be fantastic. While I can't make any promises due to
> the fact they I may not be in this position after the AGM (Although I do
> really still want to be) I would be happy to have him come and give a
> talk and will provide what ever I can in the way of support.

Hi Matt.  I think Greg Black made a good point on #irc.  You can make a
booking which can then be handed over to the next person running talks.

Generally someone coming in to the position would appreciate a few
bookings so they don't have to start from scratch.

> I guess the next part goes out to the other members of HUMBUG. I would
> like to ask HUMBUG as a whole to make the promise that we will make an
> effort to help Nathan give a talk Christmas. This especially includes
> anyone that may have want to be nominated for positions on the Exec or
> who may want to be Talks maintainer.
>
> If the answer is yes I'll pencil it down, get extra info etc and then
> pass the task to the next Talks maintainer if need be.

I spoke to Nathan on irc this afternoon but haven't discussed specific
dates.  We'll need to verify that the December meeting overlaps with his
time in Brisbane.

This is only tentative which is why I sent it privately.

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy