[H-GEN] The first LCA Bid discussion: where do we have it?

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Mon Jun 1 06:17:44 EDT 2009

On 2009-06-01, Russell Stuart wrote:

> Hi all.  A discussion has sprung up about whether we need a new mailing
> list for the LCA bid.

Sounds like a bad idea to me.

> My personal view is we should just use Humbug's general list for this.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

> The reason is fairly straight forward: using general ensures the entire
> club knows what we are doing, where we are at, and generally is kept in
> the loop.

And that's indeed why it should be on general.

As Russell says elsewhere, we are supposed to be an open group, and the
best way to do that is to conduct our business in an open and completely
transparent manner.

Yes, there may be a few things that need to be kept confidential, but
they are few and they can be managed as required when they arise.  The
rest should be open and since general is quiet and people are on it and
know about it, it seems to me that general is the right place to do it.

Cheers, Greg