[H-GEN] Clinton's talk times.

Greg Black gjb at yaxom.com
Wed Jul 22 03:57:55 EDT 2009

On 2009-07-22, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:

> Clinton wants to start his talk between the times 7:30pm and
> 8pm. He is most insistent with these start times. My own
> thoughts are that this is when most people go out to dinner
> and have their meals. I have suggested that he start his talk
> at 5pm or after dinner. However I'm okay with this provided
> the people that would be interested in hearing Clinton talk
> are okay with it.

Matt, are you asking what people think?  Are you telling us
what's going to happen?  Are you hoping that it will magically
solve itself?  I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what the
plan is for the talk(s) at this next meeting.  It seems to me
that it would be good to sort that out fairly soon, given the
proximity of the event.

Speaking only for myself, I'd have thought one talk per meeting
would probably be enough.  But if we need to have more than one,
I'd think they would be best separated a bit.  And, of course,
it's important to try to fit in with the needs/desires of the
presenters if we are to encourage people to give talks.

Cheers, Greg