[H-GEN] Talk; Backups on Excalibur 25/05/09

Daniel Devine devine at ddevnet.net
Wed Jul 22 03:40:43 EDT 2009

95% compliment.
I could have sat there watching it all if really wanted, but because it was
a relatively small thing that was being dragged out quite long it was hard
to keep my attention. It was done quick enough that it was not sidelined by
anything else that popped up or just dumped because everybody got too
frustrated.

I don't think people mind (too much) about being crash tackled at the
meetings. In any case it is cool to see stuff being done and an active
community at the meetings. Perhaps this is a good way to approach things in
the future by making meetings the time where people can sit down an lay out
the first slab of code and attempt to provoke a feedback you can work on for
two weeks until you need to harass somebody else.

It is a little unfortunate that sometimes it takes a massive push to get
anything done but in the end everybody is thankful and there is a clear
result.

Membership database next! I have been doing some R&D over the last two weeks
on the Membership Database and I hope to start the ball rolling this meeting
coming up.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Russell Stuart <russell-humbug at stuart.id.au