[H-GEN] Fwd: Linux Server and Security Assistance

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Jul 5 20:19:29 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 15:08 +0800, Kerry McGovern wrote:

> Hi Matthew
> I found your name on the Humbug site. Can you please refer me to
> someone who's able to help me with my Linux server?
> I have a Linux server which hasn't worked for a while. The hard drive
> failed and a friend was getting it replaced and now he is not able to
> help. Can you refer me to someone who can help me get my Linux server
> up and working again and can also help me upgrade my IT security to
> "Top Secret" level.
> I have a small consulting firm with government clients and want to
> ensure my data is secure, and backed up regularly.
> My friend set up an automatic back up and it worked only the once.

Kerry,

Has someone contacted you about this yet?

If not I will forward your request to SAGE-AU (the System Administrators
Guild of Australia).  Its full of people who do this sort of thing for a
living, and it is not unusual to see requests such as yours on the email
lists.  If that doesn't get a response within a week, I will see what
else I can organise.

--
Regards,
Russell Stuart