[H-GEN] Apt pinning - Is there a guru in the house?

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Thu Jul 2 19:50:34 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 22:51 +1000, Gary Curtis wrote:
> I'm guessing at this point that the stated functionality of
> using negative values for Pin-Priority is just plain broken.

I think it does what its makers intended, and they intended it to be a
means telling apt what version of a package you wanted.  So the man page
is not just waffle, it is also miss-leading when it suggests you can ban
a package.  You can't even ban a version.  You can just set its priority
so low it will be the last choice.