[H-GEN] Room Bookings Update

Paul Gearon gearon at ieee.org
Fri Jan 16 21:20:09 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Russell Stuart
<russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:
<snip/>

> In any case, have you installed Linux lately?  It is downright
> depressing.  My daughter could install Ubuntu.  I recon your
> average Windows sysadmin could install Debian and get it right
> the first time.  It is so easy now.  Whatever happened to the
> kudos's you could garner from getting Slackware going?  There
> is no respect for the old ways.  It is so sad.

I just had to respond to this.  (that's the beauty of H-GEN)  :-)

Yes, I *have* tried to install Linux. I'm procrastinating about trying
again, as I don't want to spend the time on something that should have
been simple.

The trick is that I have 2 HDDs with a RAID controller on the
motherboard, and I'm trying to install / on a RAID-1 of both drives. I
used to have this running on FC6, but I thought I'd upgrade. Ubuntu
just flat out can't see the RAID partition. FC 10 sees it and
installs, but then fails to boot.

Yes, I'll figure it out, but gee, it would be nice to have a room full
of knowlegable people to help.  :-)

Paul