[H-GEN] Room Bookings Update

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Jan 16 00:16:44 EST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Anthony Towns wrote:

> The LA LUG list just lists groups that are a good place to meet people
> interested in Linux. There can be multiple ones in one location; it
> doesn't sanction them or anything. In the past there's been at least a
> Griffith uni LUG and LUG-Vegas which I think was based at QUT.

It's interesting that there have been quite a few attempts to start LUGs
in recent years.  As far as I can tell they are all inactive.  HUMBUG has
the Brisbane LUG scene cornered while we debate why membership is
declining.

> I guess it's nice to offer free tech support, but that just doesn't
> sound like a fun way to spend every other saturday evening to me.

Agreed.  I am happy to help people out & informally tutor at a HUMBUG
meeting but that is different from free tech support (although on
occassion it can get close).

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy